Thursday, June 19, 2008

Czech Republic Prayer Letter

Here is the prayer letter I sent out in case you didn't get it...please be praying for God's mighty hand to be moving in the Czech Republic!!!!

“I appeal to you, brothers, by our Lord Jesus Christ and by the love of the Spirit, to strive together with me in your prayers to God on my behalf.” (Romans 15:30)

I am writing this letter, first of all, to say thank you. Those words just don’t seem like enough as I see the ways that God has used all of you to provide for both my financial and prayer needs while I am in the Czech Republic. If you are receiving this letter, it means that you have committed to being part of the ministry in Czech either through prayer, finances or both. Know that your partnership in this ministry is helping to further the Kingdom of God for all eternity! Now, let me tell you some specific ways that you can pray for the work that God is doing across the world this summer. I will start by giving you a brief breakdown of what my time over there will look like:
June 21-22: Leave USA and arrive in Prague, Czech Republic; immediately travel by train to Cheb, on the Western side of the country.
June 22-July 7: Bible training with the youth group in Cheb, focusing specifically on the leaders within the group, helping to equip them for ministry. We hope to have 4 hours each day of formal Bible training, showing the students how to study God’s Word more effectively. The rest of the time will be focused on discipleship and one-on-one time with the students, showing them how to lead Bible studies, what accountability looks like, and developing deeper relationships with them. Keep in mind, this is all what we have planned, but we don't know specifically how God will use this time!
July 8-11: Travel to Eastern side of the country, meet up with the rest of the team and begin training and preparation for English camp.
July 12-19: Travel back to Western side of the country for English camp. This is the time when many non-believing and Atheist students will be hearing the good news of Jesus Christ for the first time! The time at English camp consists of teaching English, hanging out with students to develop relationships, encouraging Christian students, and presenting the gospel to those who have never heard.
July 20-23: Follow-up time with the students from camp, while staying with them in their homes.
July 24-25: Travel back to Prague for team de-brief and a day in Prague.
July 26-August 10: While the US team heads back home, I head back to Malenovice (traveling alone!) to start the process all over again with the Bohumin group (on the Eastern side of the country)—from training to English camp to de-brief!

Here’s how you can pray during this time:
-For the time that we will be in Cheb doing Bible training; this is a new ministry that has never been done with this youth group. We are walking in as prepared as we can be, but also open to being flexible and open to what God would have us do during this time. Pray that we will accurately present God’s Word and would help the leaders to be more effective in their ministry.
-For God to be preparing the hearts of the students both in Cheb and Bohumin. Pray that He would unveil their darkened minds to the truth of Jesus Christ and that they would come to the knowledge of their Savior!
-For a continual trust in God and His strength and enabling. Pray that I would be continually dependent upon God and not myself. Pray that I would be sensitive every second to the leading of the Holy Spirit and that I would be effective only by the grace that He provides.
-For safety in traveling, especially while I travel alone; also for energy amidst long traveling days!
-For protection against the attacks of Satan. Satan loves to bring warfare on God’s people when we are serving Him in ministry. Pray that we would not let fatigue, whether spiritual or physical, keep us from being effective for Jesus Christ!

For the sake of His Kingdom,
Emily Klopfenstein

No comments: