Thursday, January 29, 2009

Never Lacking

Hello my faithful partners!!!!

First of all, let me just say, we serve a FAITHFUL God who provides for His children. I know that you all knew that already, but I was reminded of that yet again in the past few weeks in very tangible ways.

As of 2 weeks ago, I was extremely short in my support raising. I wasn't worried, but it seemed almost certain that we would have to push back my departure date. What a blessing it is to know that God knows the very day that He has set for me to leave and that absolutely nothing can thrwart His plans. In one week, God provided $4,000 towards my trip. Praise the Lord! I am reminded of the way He provided for the Israelites in the wilderness--He gave them manna from heaven, but only enough for each new day. The moment they attempted to store up extra or "plan ahead," the manna would spoil. What a beautiful reminder of the way or Father cares for us. He doesn't give us what we need for the next 5 years and hope that we make the best of it--He provides what we need for each new day. I am so thankful that I am His child!

I am reminded of Hudson Taylor's words over and over again--"God's work done God's way will never lack God's supply." This is HIS ministry and we can rest in full assurance that He will provide for His gospel to be spread to the ends of the earth.

So, I as I write this today, I have significantly more money either pledged or given towards my trip to the Czech Republic. If you are one of those people, here is the info you need (since I didn't make this very clear in the letter.) Make checks payable to "Josiah Venture" and write my account number "17901" on the memo line of the check. Mail them to:
Josiah Venture/Summer Intern
P.O. Box 4317
Wheaton, IL 60189-4317
If you are interested in giving a monthly donation, send the check in by the end of the month prior to the month you are giving. For example, if you are giving for March, send the check in before the end of February. There is a direct deposit option through Josiah Venture for those of you who are interested. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask. My email is emklop@gmail.com
Also, for those of you who would like to receive my prayer letter updates, please send me an email so I can add you to my prayer list. If you send an email to emklop@gmail.com and let me know that you want to pray for my ministry in Czech, you will receive (hopefully) weekly-monthly updates about what God is doing in the Czech Republic. So, please let me know if you want to be involved in this ministry through prayer.
THANK YOU just does not suffice for expressing just how humbled I am that you have chosen to be part of this ministry either through prayer, finances, or both. What God will do through me in Czech would never be possible without your generosity, so thank you! Someday, we will all stand before God's throne and worship Him together with people who came to know Christ in part through your prayers and money. What a glorious day that will be!
Thank you again for everything. More to come soon!
Because He is faithful,
Em

1 comment:

Joyful said...

Thanks for the prayer card of you on Sunday that you gave me. Hope the flight and everything goes well and I look forward to reading how you are doing over there in Czech.